Aim and Objectives of the UCT Surgical Society
The aim of the UCT Surgical Society is to provide members with the opportunity to enhance their development and interest in the fields of surgery, academic research, and leadership.
The core objectives of the society are:
- To encourage and foster interest in surgery.
- To promote a culture of medical and surgical research.
- To provide a platform for surgical education and skills.
- To engage in surgery related community outreach.
- To build lasting relationships between students and surgeons, both nationally and internationally.
- To provide information about a career in surgery.
- To be a role model for other student-run surgical societies across the globe.
- To address inequalities in surgery.